In today’s blog, I answer the top “Is it legal to” Google searches. Here we go:
1. Is it legal to drive barefoot?
If that is so important to you, I have good news. It is legal to drive barefoot in all states.
2. Is it legal to burn money?
No. It is not legal to burn money. It is a Federal crime and you can go to jail for ten years. So don’t do it.
3. Is it legal to sleep in my car?
No. A lot of cities have been making sleeping in your car illegal to manage the homeless problem. Just don’t drive drowsy and get in a car accident.
4. Is it legal to dumpster dive?
Yes, since property in dumpsters are deemed abandoned.
5. Is it legal to smoke with a minor in my car?
Yes. Except for the following states: Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Maine, Oregon, Utah, Virginia and Vermont. It is also illegal to in the the United States territories of Guam and Puerto Rico.
6. Is it legal to take sand from a beach?
No. A lot of beach towns have erosion problems and therefore have laws making it illegal to take sand from the beach.
And last but not least …
7. Is it legal to marry my brother?
Sigh. No. Incest is not permitted. Although, in some states it is legal to live with your sibling as a married couple. You just cannot legally marry.